Need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the best of luck to ya......POWER TO THE PC! ::balled fist in air::

lol.. ya know the only thing i noticed.. on the new chip there were two bent chip, i don't think i did it.. i just opened it and layed it on the socket and i noticed it wasn't going it.. 2 pins were slightly bent.. so i fixed 'em with my thumb nail and it went it.. but it should still work right?

My mom said she called CompUSA and they said that HP's have to have HP type mobos or something, generic mobos won't work.. so that puts me back to the idea that the mobo was bad to begin with and I need a HP type mobo..

Ok so I got the chip tested, and it's fine, so how can 1 chip make a mobo go BEEEEEEEEP and the other chip.. nothing happens? *yawns* i'm gonna go take a nap =p

::confused:: wait..what? So you got one chip to completely work and boot up or what? I guess the chip that makes the mobo go BEEEEEEEEEP must mean its not the CPU and the one that does nothing it IS the CPU. But I'm not sure if I'm completely following you on whats working or whatever. And you need an HP type mobo for what? an HP monitor? cause if thats the case that's BS I'm on an HP Pavilion flatscreen right now.....wait...wait just scrolled up lol.....so it was an HP prebuilt machine?

What kind of motherboards do you have in your posession right now?

What processors do you have in your posession right now?

lol you've got my brain goin in circles here!

ohhh... non HP... I think they are VERY proprietary, kind of the way TSR/Tandy or Packard Bell was back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom