need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droot

Baseband Member
Ok, IÂ’m in need of a new computer this one isnÂ’t cutting it anymore. I plan on building my first one and needed some help.

Specs of Current PC:
----Windows Millennium Edition
----1.33 gigahertz AMD Athlon
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
----60 Gigabytes Hard Drive
----Board: Asus A7M266-M 1.02
----LITE-ON LTR-12101B CD-RW
----SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148 48x
----Generic floppy disk drive 3.5"
----256 Megabytes Installed Memory
----NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS
----Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128

Would like to save any parts that I can for new computer, ie, hard drive, cd rom, floppy drive, even memory if possible. I realize that this is the cheaper equipment but then I have more for other parts.

Was looking around and maybe possible new hardware for new computer.
--at least 512 MB memory.
-- a decent video card *ATI 9600 XT 128 ??
-- a new processor 2.5+ with 512 L2 cache *prefer another AMD
-- I realize a new motherboard will be required but have no clue on that.
-- soundcard maybe Creative Lab Sound Blaster Live Value 5.1?

The only other problem is that I have about 600-700 for this new computer. Which need to included the OS also.

If any other info is needed let me know and ill be glad to get it.

Thanks for any help
Droot

ok cool:

I'll recommend simple solution, in Budget and powerful:

i'll reply ur last 5 queries:

1: Memory (Buy 2 X 256 DDR333)
2: Decent Video Card: ATi Built 9800PRO
3: AMD Athlon 2500 (Barton Core)
4: Mobo: Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0

No Need for sound card, as this one has exceptional quality sound card + Sound Storm (seperate Audio Processor)

and adding a real good reply to thoese who'llrecommend AMD 64BIT:

once you get a decent VGA card, the load on your Proceoosr cuts down to almost 20% in graphic Processing, so even in hard core gaming, a fastest processor will not count that much as mush a fasterst GPU (Graphic Processor)

thx for the quick replies. This will be used mostly for gamming but on my budget not looking for great stuff just need somehting better than what im currently running.

***Edit also forgot i will need a new power supply any suggestions dont think the 250 W will cut it :D

to tell u truth, I was using similar system (except I have 3000+ Barton and 1GB (2X512 MB Geil), I had no reason to sell that performance system, but My younger cousin came to me and asked for that system (he is a gamer), eventually I had to give it out (as I am eldest in family, so have to keep everyone with care). and Now I am with this current system in my signature. I could have built another similar system but at the same time I want my system to be on top of the range in my family :)

He He he

in PSU, I'll recommend EYES SHUT

Fortran Source 350W (Model FSP-350W, i think)

it has just one single fan 120MM beneath it (rather than at back) dead silent, and rock stable . and this is running on my machine (although I need more power) still its so stable that never gave me problem.

and I had to order this specially from USA (i'm in UK), costed me twice the price for shipping. now u should know the worth of this PSU :)

yow blind_arrow, if those are your specs you must love your computer. look at those specs man.

@ blind_arrow - those specs are sweet especially the 21" tft, wish i had that for gaming

@ droot - what kind of memory do you currently have droot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom