Need heatsink suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinu

Baseband Member
Right now im pretty content with a northy 1.8 overclocked at 2.2, but I want to be able to squeeze out some more out if it, but I dont want to risk anythin by running the stock heatsink.

The idle temps are around 30*C, and under full load they get up to 41, maybe 42. I dont really know much about what is ok to run and what is dangerous, so if anyone can tell me that would be great.

So now what are some good heatsinks available for a socket 478 and no more than $25-$30. I saw a whole bunch of ones on newegg, but I really cant decide on any as I have no idea which ones work better. I was lookin around at the cfm #'s, which from my knowledge of cars means that the higher it is, the better airflow. I dont really know if this is really a big deal with heatsinks.

Well, you dont want your temps to get over 52-55 degree celcius full load. Sometimes you need to get that high for that extra 100mhz. So make sure you stay under 55 degrees celcius.

I like that heatsink phosho510 posted. Would work great, Plus adding a few 120mm fans would really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom