Need A HeatSink/Fan Suggestion - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

any stronger han 5000rpm your fan will be louder than your speakers lol

Old 01-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to lazerman Send a message via Yahoo to lazerman

Try the thermaltake bigwater, it is practical because it cools very well and is also fairly inexspensive- http://www.xoxide.com/tt-bigwater-kit.html

I was actually considering getting that but I evaluated my situation and it just didn't call for watercooling. You can go in a similar route as I did. I bought this heatsink- http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...108-020&depa=0

And I don't have this exact fan- http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...999-613&depa=0 , I have the version smaller, but for like 6 cents more you get alot more cfm and less than a decibal louder which is a great deal I think. This will cool like none other...

Old 01-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

at the vapochill site, it says:
Quote:
Vapochill Complete Extreme Edition II - Intel (Socket 754/939 & Socket 478)
Intel don't make socket 754 or socket 939 processors, they're AMD's socket's

if you decide to go watercooling, I would custom make one
Old 01-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

That's a neat looking little heatsink, lazerman. Maybe something worth buying for another build in a month or so, just to check it out.

As for the loudness of any fan, i'm not really concerned with that. I have other computers in the same room, as well as a television, a fridge, surround sound speakers and a window air conditioner which i had to custom install on the INSIDE of my room with custom ducting to direct the outtake-air through the window. Sound isn't really an issue and would probably just blend in with the other million sounds going on around here. Heh. Luckily i can always just turn the volume up.

I've spent sometime checking out watercooling units. I read a few articles and reviews. What do you all think about that ZALMAN resorator? I really like the look of that external radiator with natural convection. I also looked at the Thermal take bigwater which looks pretty promising.

I really want something with a temp display, and something i could control the fan speeds with, even if i had to custom make it, or assemble a few different models together to get what i'm envisioning.

Any comments on the Aquagate by coolermaster?
Old 01-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

personally I don't like the Zalman watercooler

I would custom make one, getting the pump, reservoir, tubes and waterblock(s) for your CPU and sometimes your GPU

Asetek make pretty good waterblocks
Old 01-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie

I thought about custom making one. I could definitely go that route...

I was wondering where i could find a really good radiator. I'm leaning more toward an external radiator than an internal. I dont want to fit something in my case. I'd rather have a larger radiator sitting outside my unit. I'd also like more than one radiator, or one large radiator and maybe 2 smaller ones, each with a fan.

As for the waterblock, i have no idea which i like right now.