Need a decent laptop, were and what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmhotness

Baseband Member
My friend is looking for a laptop and doesnt want to spend "to much". Lets just say she has a limit of 600-700 bucks. First of all, can you even buy anything nice for this price new?

What are things to look for when buying a laptop?
Is buying used a good idea?
Basically any info about all of this you can give me would be nice, I dont know much about computers except for basics, so try to be elaborate with me :)

In a case such as this, Dell is in fact your friend. Cheap, reliable computers with nice long warranties. Unless, of course, she wants to play anything more than Solitaire. Let us know.

Shes a 20 year girl, just wants to use it for school stuff, maybe some dvd watching and thats about it :)

if you have any links to deals that would rule, thanks man

used you have to watch for, see not gaming on it so them dells would be fine for her, you said watchin dvds and School its good.

The link dark sniper put up should have some satisfactory laptops for her. I'd try looking at the Inspiron 6000 with a few small upgrades, such as 512mb of ram rather than 256mb, or the Inspiron 600m with a similar upgrade if you are able to expand your price range a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom