Need cheap mobo options for Socket A Athlon XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

Beta member
Hello,

I'm completely new to this forum but not new to computer building.

Since it's been almost a year since the last computer I built, I have no idea what is current.

I have some spare parts laying around which i'm going to use in a budget PC build.

I have a new Socket A athlon xp 1800

A few sticks of 256mb PC133

A western Digital 20GB

Old 8X CD burner

Old sony floppy drive

New 420w p.s. with ATX case

I need to know what is a good budget motherboard that is going to have onboard "video - sound - lan". I want the mobo to take care of everything.

I would like a way to put at least 1 USB port on the front of the computer. This makes connecting a digital camera really easy.

If possible, I'd like for it to accept PC133 because I have several 256mb sticks laying around. Do you think that the old pc133 is too slow for any newer computer running xp home?

If i'm stuck with using pc2100 ddr, that is fine because I can always find it on rebate at places like compusa or office max.

I would also prefer the mobo to be fairly well known. That way if I have installation issues, I can consult with this forum.

I'm looking to spend less than $75 for the mobo. More likely around $50 if possible

The computer will be used primarily for internet surfing. The hardest load that will be placed on the computer is uploading pictures from a digital camera or the occasional game of solitare.

Thank you kindly in advance for your replies. Sincerely, Scott :)

well.. i can tell u.. check out my parts for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade category!! im sellin parts that might fit u decently!! it says.. "FS: PC ParTs Up For SaLe" somethin like that.. lol but check it out if ya want!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom