Need to build another comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
okay well since i fried the pentium 3 i need to build another. Im buying the case-psu, floppy drive, and cd rom. The motherboard, cpu, and memory will be bought by my parents. I was thinking of going with the raidmax aluminum mid tower for 84, floppy for 12, and cd rw for 27. My totals come to 123. THen i was gonna go intel mobo with onboard video, 2.8ghz northwood cpu, and 512mb kingston value ram. Their totals coming to 369. What do you guys think. THis computer is not really going to be used for much besides internet and text.

Yah its not even mine i just built it tonight. Went to Frys because didnt want to wait to order on the internet, and you can return anything their. Well Anyways got the 2.8ghz with 512cache northwood model. Antec sonata case. Black floppy. Ordering a black cd rw online because they didnt have one at frys. Corsair 512mb x 1 memory because i couldnt find dual channel. I have a 20gb western digital from before and also bought intel d865perl motherboard. However I thought i was buying a mobo with onboard video. Come to find out the one i was looking at for 130 and the one i grabbed for 130 were differnt. Interesting that is the placed them right underneath the one with onboard video. Well anyways i have it all assembled and probably going to get like ati 9600. It turned on fine and had no problems that i could hear. But thats it.

antec sonata case 110
intel motherboard d865 130
corsair 512mb value ram 110
intel p4 cpu 200
black floppy drive 15

Total Is about 600 with tax. Im paying 200 so my parents only payed 400. Since this is not even my machine. However maybe someone else will pitch in another 100 for the video card. I wish i would have bought online so i could have spent like 100 bucks less though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom