Need Bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiscool

Beta member
Ram not detected

I am running an Asus A8V Deluxe and i wanted to add more ram so i bought 2 sticks of kingston 512 ddr(so now all slots are full) and they weren't recognized at all. So i went on the asus website and they told me to flash a new version of bios so i downloaded the update program and flashed etc. The extra ram is still not recognized and when i start my computer up i get a "No drive attached to fasttrack controller BIOS not found" but then it starts up normally. It won't let me switch back to my old bios so two things if anyone can help me get the ram recognized that would be great and how the hell do i get rid of that no bios message? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

take out the other RAM disks and see if your new ones will be detected

you should be able to see how much RAM you have by right clicking on My Computer then click properties

yeah, well i put the new ones in the first two slots and they are still recognized, but when i put all four in it still says only 1gb of ram. Before i updated the bios my pc wouldn't even boot with all four in, but now it goes normally except with those weird messages. So i'm guessing it's more of a bios problem than a ram problem

i'm not sure where to see i looked around in my bios and there was nothing that showed wether it was on enabled or auto. I'm pretty sure that it's probably on auto.

well, i know that doesn't work, because it says in the manual * for dual channel configuration, you may

-install identical dimms in all four sockets or
-install identical dimm pair in dimm_a1 and dimm_b1(blue sockets)

ok so i've narrowed the problem down to my computer is not detecting over 1GB of ram for some reason with the two sticks in my system settings says 1.0 GB when it should be 1024MB Right? I'm not sure how to get it detecting the extra 2 512 MB but it would be nice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom