need a bios that can oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
k i got an old compaq deskpro with a 333mhz p2, 66mhz fsb, etc...old, and i want to find a bios from american megatrends, peoenix, or whatever that will work on this mobo, and let me oc it, and have it still run. heres some info on this hunk of junk:

BIOS Date: 08/18/99
BIOS Type: COMPAQ BASIC
BIOS ID: Compaq 046Ch BIOS Version: 686T1
OEM Sign-On: None
Chipset: Intel 440EX/LX rev 3
Superio: NSC 309 rev 5 found at port 15Ch
CPU: Pentium(R) II processor 333 MHz: 333 Mhz; MAX: 600 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: No
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 128 MB
Memory Maximum: 256 MB
Memory Slot 01: 64 MB
Memory Slot 02: 64 MB

and from cpuz:

Chipset: Intel i440LX REV. 3
Southbridge: Intel 82371 (PIIX4)

and some more info on the cpu:

Name: Intel Pentium II
Code Name: Deschutes
Package: Slot 1 SECC
Technology 0.25um

Specification: Intel Pentium II 333mhz
Family: 6 Model: 5 Stepping: 2
Ext. Family: 0 Ext. Model: 0 Revision: dB0
Instructions: MMX

Clocks:
Core Speed 333.3 Mhz
Multiplier x 5.0
FSB 66.6mhz
Bus Speed 66.6mhz

CPU Cache: L1 16kb, L2 512kb

k i dont gotta worry about cooling and whatnot, cause i got that covered, i just need more power, this thing is tooo slow

eh, i just want to do it for the heck of it, i got a 366 celeron in the other room oc'ed to 512, and theres a big difference, it dont lag on the internet when i oced it. this thing lags like crazy, pc frezes when page is loading, then i gotta wait for it to unfreeze, then i can use it. i got dsl, so it aint a slow connection, on our 1ghz p3, it screams on the internet, but that pc aint mine. only thing i usin this pc for is internet surfing, music, and office xp professional

hp motherboard don't support ocing. and finding the right flash is gonna be hard. so if u really want to oc u can dedicate some time to find a flash otherwise just forget it.

na. dont need to nemore. found a new trick. if ne peeps out there got firefox, and want that mofo to literaly get pages instantly, the way dsl brags anyways, then do this:

type about:config (no space in there)in ur firefox browser adress go thingy
Find network.http.pipelining and double click on it so it = true
Find network.http.pipelining.maxrequests double click on it and change it from 4 to 100

o i didnt find a way to oc yet...i found out how to make firefox faster. but yes, i have pc100 ram, and even if i can go further, i got stick of 133(128mb) and another stick of 133(512mb) but neither work. the 512 detects as 512 on this system BUT in memtest86+, it dosent even get to startm before the pc locks up :(.all the parts in here were from a system with a 133mhz fsb(vid card, sound card, network card, secondary vid card, hdd's(40/80gb ata100) and the cd burner+dvd drive). is there any way to get the real bios(the one i got now) and crack/mod it or add another section so that i can oc it? i dont got any probs messin around with visual basic/c++ projects, i know some on those, or mod an ini file or somethin(heck even use resource hacker) just something to give me atleast some bit of an overclock.

you're pretty much out of luck with flashing an HP board, that an the chipset is an old one to, i have a few boards (regualer not HP or anything) with a similar chipset and the BIOS doesnt support overclocking and y are you using XP? just use 2000 it will work better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom