Need advice on a gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would second the Astro A40's. I have a pair myself and absolutely love them but they start at $200.00 from their website. You might be able to find them a little bit cheaper if you search around or maybe find a used pair. They also have the Astro A30's which start at $120.00 but I have not tried or heard anything about them but Astro is a quality company so I am sure they are pretty good.I'd maybe check out some reviews on the A30's and see if you like the look of them. I like my A40s so much I'm considering buying another pair except the wireless ones this time around.

I have both a30 and a40, the a40 are a lot more comfortable for long periods of time but in terms of sound quality they are pretty much the same a30 having a little more bass and do a better job of blocking out sound but the a40 are slightly better for pinpointing sounds IMO.Plus Astro have good customer service, my brothers a40's werent picking up his voice very well so Astro sent him a brand new headset and payed shipping charges to get his broken headset back to them and to ship the new one, took about four days for them to check his broken headset and for my brother to receive his new headset.

Ahhhhh..... started using my Ultrasone 580 headphones - sound is much improved- unbelievable how much easier it is to tell where the enemy is. But they are hot and no mic. So, still deciding on the setup "headset" purchase. Maybe using my wireless Seinhesers ( very comfortable and not wired = freedom - but have not yet tested how functional for directional FPS they are) matched with a with a standing desk mic.

A coworker who just built a gaming computer and is starting out with BF3 got the same headset I have. He was surprised at the sound for only $30. You will have to add him ingame... ShagTybie.

Heck for $30 - maybe worth a try. I will send a friend request for your friend tonight. Are you playing tonight? I felt too bad (sinuses) to play this weekend- the weather in Pittsburgh is bad for that in the past few months. I wish it would just get cold for a few weeks to kill all the dam mold.

Actually under 40 (or over 100) degrees F makes it inhospitable for the mold to grow. If it can't grow, it eventually dies without replacing itself. If he means like freezing them to death, that doesn't work, but... well... yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom