Need Advice on Buying a New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoJP

Baseband Member
I'm looking to buy a new computer, and have been looking at all the sites (Dell, Compaq, etc.) but I'm not sure what to buy. I've always had Compaq Presarios, so I'm not too educated about the competition. Can anyone offer any advice/wisdom?

Well to tell you the truth I think they all suck. If you build your own you will save some decent pocket change.

If I was forced to buy a comp (ready to go) It would most likely be a Dell. People please dont flame me for saying that :)

Or if you are incrediabley rich and want a custom buildt compter go with AlienWare, although I wouldn't recommended buying anything pre-buildt AlienWare is probably the best for looks - not too sure about price.

If you ever buildt a computer you can also post your problems here we are glad to help :)

Well to be honest, I have no idea how to build my own. Also, wouldn't it work out to be the same price, after buying all the parts, chassis, Windows XP, etc.?

I see your point. So how much does it cost for a self-built computer, approximately?

What are you looking to do with this new computer? And what are the current specs of the one your useing now?

right now I have:

P4 1.6ghz
768 RAM
80GB haed drive
nVidia GEforce 4ME 64

I'd like to have:
P4 closer to 3.0ghz
1G RAM
80GB hard drive
better graphics card

You can go for a Dell Dimension 8400 customized close to what you would like to have for $1,280. And it comes with not the best video card.

Or you can get what what I just built for $1,150 including shipping and tax free at newegg.com
++The 3500+ would put that 3.0 p4 to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom