Need Advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mort said:
sonicstage is just like media player only it's a dedicated program for transfering music to minidisk players

Is there not some way that i can just put in my 40 gig hd (the new one is the 120 gig) as a slave and just remove windows from that one? (the 40 has all my current stuff on it)

Yes. You will install both HD's. The 120 GB HD as the primary and the 40GB HD as the slave. Install Windows on the 120GB HD.

After you get into Windows, take what you want off of the 40GB HD. Then, when you are finished, right click and choose format. It will then erase everything on the smaller HD.

so where ever the files are they will be moved across n e way.....i like your thinking......i just wanted to be sure :0 CHEERS!

One quick thing, don't forget to set the jumpers on the hard drives accordingly! (One Master, the other slave)

This simple step will solve your fear of having a conflict between the two hard drives.

Also, if you are going to copy the data from your old drive to the new one it is prob. going to be in your "My Music" folder if you use Windows Media Player. I am sure you will find them pretty quickly.

...to be safe, take out the old drive and insert the new one. Then when you are done installing windows and everything is up and running, shut down and reinstall the old one a slave

I will go with the original idea of just installing the OS on the new one and transferoing everything i need form ther old one then format it

by the way i found the files they were hidden in documents&settings\allusers\applicationdata(this folder was hidden:D)\sonycorporation\packages...........so i will be able to copy them across......do i have to make the hidden files unhidden if i want to copy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom