Need a 939 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Okay guys, I figured out my extremely long problem that I've been asking about, and it turn out it is the motherboard.

So now I need to choose a new board, since I cannot get an ABIT (too sensative with my hardware aparently), I need the next best thing.

I would LOVE to get a DFI, but none are AGP.

I also have an XP-120 Heatsink that I like a lot. Out of the case, and without Abits screwed up temperature issues, the ASUS board I am testing right now reads the CPU @ 26C. So I'm not giving up the Heatsink for compatability issues.

Here is the XP-120 Compatability chard. Although not PERFECTLY exact for some people, it is very close to what Ive read. Also, I want to be able to use DIMM1, so none of that giving up DIMM slot 1 stuff: http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_faq_motherboard_xp120_k8.htm

So far I have come across this choice. It is a Giga-byte, but as much as some of you hate them I think they are pretty solid, and it works with both AGP and the XP-120: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-254&depa=1

I am really going to miss the uGuru on the ABIT, but what good is it when it has extremely faulty temperature readings? Even abit confirms the problem but doesn't fix it.

So, any suggestions???

Gigabyte K8NS-Ultra 939, you'll love it.

I don't know who you've been talking to. But gigabyte is the best choice out there =)

Asus has had horrible QC over the past 2-3 months. Been sending tons of their boards back, the A8V is the worst of them all.

I had the 754 version of that board before i sold it and picked up my 939 setup. It was as solid as any other board (with a decent chipset) that gigabyte makes.

It wasn't the best overclocker in the world.. Infact if i couldn't change the fsb and have it post. But, i believe that was due to the fact that i had a 754 clawhammer 3200.

Well it sounds like im gonna go with it then. The only problem is it is significantly more expensive then other 939 boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom