NEC 2510A or LiteOn SOHW-832S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
I was wondering if anyone knew whether the LitOn SOHW-832S was better than the NEC 2510A? both are dual layer DVD burners. The LiteOn seems to be a new one that just came out I guess.

I don't think Plextor makes Dual/ Double layer DVD burners though and that's the only kind I am interested in getting. The liteon drive is new and somewhat of a mystery. I was curious if anybody knew if it was better than the NEC model?

I would suggest LiteOn. Since DVD Burners have been around I have had a LiteOn and never any problems with burning or media incompatibilities. On newegg, where I buy my media, there are always complaints of NEC burners not being compatible, this is usaully fixed with a firmware update, but LiteOn has always worked out of the box.

I have the SOHW-810S in my secondary computer and it works flawlessly*. On the other hand, I have an NEC ND-6100A in my primary computer (my laptop) and burns dual layer (2x), and +-R/RW at 8x and below.

*The only thing with my LiteOn drive is that if I burn a movie at 8x, it won't play in my Xbox, it will in everything else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom