neat to try..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the !-1ell are you stuck on the Celeron?

Dude, you MUST be on drugs. First, you want to create a High-end system, but with a crap processor. And now, after we show you that the Sempron is a cheaper and better alternative to the Celeron, you're still stuck on that. Whats up with you man, what do you want anyways?

I don't think he understands why the Sempron is better.

the AMD CPU's have a lower frequency, but it takes them a fewer amount of clock cycles to complete instructions than Celerons/Pentiums.

if an Intel CPU took 12 clock cycles to complete an instruction, it might take the Athlon/Sempron only 7 clock cycles to complete the same instruction

that's why the AMD CPU's can perform better, with lower clock speeds.

i am stuck on celeron because for some odd reason (probably the druggies that built my family's computers) my celeron is way faster than my parents AMD. Therefore, i like celeron.

if i saw some proof of a sempron being fast, then i would belive everybody.

what are the specs of the pcs?

edit: also i see you are quick to jump to conclusions about the sempron vs. celeron scenario. what makes you think a 64 bit celeron would be better than a sempron 64 when "intel's" EMT 64 technology is actually leeched directly from AMD.thats right people, a history lesson. Intel had to pay AMD for the technology

EMT 64 is not even native to the architecture. intel CPU's have to use their existing 32-bit architecture to process 64-bit instructions. to do this, they use emulation, which makes it slower.

talldude123 said:
if i saw some proof of a sempron being fast, then i would belive everybody.

Check this out as i said before the only thing the celeron win's at is encoding and the like's,At gaming the sempron's beat the crap out of the celeron's every time and even beat some of the pentium 4's ;)

Too bad I found all this out not long after I bought my computer...which was years ago mind you. I most likely won't buy one ever again. I dont think I will waste my money upgrading to a P4 2.4Ghz. I'll just wait and save for a new rig.

what are the specs of the pcs?

Parents PC:
AMD Athlon 2800+ (1.8 Ghz)
960 MB DDR RAM (64 MB taken by video)
80 GB Samsung HD
SIS 760 64 MB Chipset

My PC:
Intel Celeron D 330 (2.66 Ghz)
760 MB DDR RAM (12 mb taken by video)
40 GB WD HD/30 GB maxtor HD
Intel 845 64 MB chipset

Status