a n00b question (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
However extreme gamers dont have extreme money. Extreme gamers spend all their time gaming...

DJ-CHRIS said:
However extreme gamers dont have extreme money. Extreme gamers spend all their time gaming...

and therefor often have the worst rigs :p

(not in all cases of cause)

DJ-CHRIS said:

But you forgetting something while most of us would go out and buy a car. A extreme gamer will buy a top end computer instead. They also will go days with out eating to save money. They not rich but they find ways to get there computer parts.

Or they could be smart like me and after I bought my last computer 5 and half years ago I already started saving for my next one. So when I was ready 5 years later for a new one I was able to get a really really good one. Yes I do relize that ment my computer sucked for about 3 years but am happy now. This current computer should handle most games for at least a few years.

We dont have money for a car in the first place, yes we find ways to get mediocre parts as well

DJ-CHRIS said:
We dont have money for a car in the first place, yes we find ways to get mediocre parts as well

Yeah that could be true. I buy a computer once every 5 years. I always buy close to best when it does come time to buy. I do some minor upgrades in between but at the 4 year mark it does start to suck.

but I just built 6 months ago so right now my system awsome :)

Heyyo,

Lol, t'is the dilema of teh gam0rz. :p

Now, the thing is whilst we're young we have no cash unless our parents are rich. I figure in half a year I'll have a steady job n' a sweet rig.

Btw, where SLI fails, crossfire works. Crossfire (ati's solution to SLI) will still work in games that don't support dual vidcards. Of course the gain won't be as big as games that support dual vidcards, but it's still they say a x1.5 gain over a single vidcard. The only prob right now is crossfire costs more. Other than that? it'll probably be more dual vidcard friendly than sli. Nvidia bought out 3dfx, and that's how they got sli in the works, but they need to learn how to make their dual vidcard's as efficient as 3dfx got theirs. It literally was almost a x2 preformance boost. RIght now sli sits around x1.65 or so. Dunno for crossfire. So I dunno, sli's good, but I say maybe wait ti'll nvidia perfects it or lowers the price, and of course I'm sure later titles will support sli, and hopefully crossfire was well.

So you think its smarter to go with ati cards? Man, now I'll have to come up with a whole new setup I think.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom