Mysterious spots on my DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
discspots.JPG

Does anyone know what the heck could be causing this?? I know it looks like water spots, but it's NOT. This DVD is out of my Family Guy (season 1) boxset. I'm sure some of you have these DVD's as well. For those of you that don't, the boxset consists of a box (marvel idea, no?) and within the box there are 4 seperate disc cases, and each case holds a disc. I'm postively anal about my DVD's, and I always keep them inside of their case. For some reason all the discs inside this particular Family Guy box are spotted like this, and I'm just baffled. I don't keep them near water, and I'm currently in Las Vegas where the humidity level is always quite low.. anyone know what this could be?

I've actually had these disks for a while (I bought them new from BestBuy I believe at the end of last summer) and tonight I was watching one of the disks, and it started freezing.. so I restarted the computer thinking it might have been that. When that didn't work, I pulled out the disk and found these spots all over it. I gently wiped them off, but they didn't come off very easily. Each disk within this set (Vol. 1) has these marks to some degree or an other. I also have Vol.2 (Season 3) which I got fairly soon after, but they aren't showing any signs of this.

i think your dvd player scratched them or your dvd case is abrasive. that doesnt look like a watermark to me.

ekÆsine said:
i think your dvd player scratched them or your dvd case is abrasive. that doesnt look like a watermark to me.

If he was able to wipe them off then I dont think it would be scratches. I had something like that before when I put all of my CD in one of those CD binders. There was some adhesive stuff on the backing of the sleves that holds the CDs and that stuff stuck to the the CD. I managed to wipe it off with no small effort, but if you say that they just appeared and you always keep them in the box, then it can be the same thing that I had.

Yea, kept straight in the original box this whole time, and they do wipe off with moderate effort.
I don't know if it matters, but my DVD drive is a Samsung SD-616T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom