My windows key died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
The little key between alt and ctrl, yeah it don't work anymore. Both of them have no response. It happened entirely out of the blue. :(

My personal opinion is that it's a good thing. If you play any games, you will know that the windows key is your enemy. I personally pop those off of every keyboard of mine I use. Nothing's more aggravating than being in an intense firefight and go to crouch (CTRL) and accidently touch the windows key for an instant minimize. I don't know how to solve your problem, but if you play games, try thinking of it from that perspective.

My windows key died.
And this is a bad thing?????

Lost count the number of times I got Ganked or Franged because of the windows key.

It's gotten to the point where i have been know to remove the key from my keyboard all together.

It's a bad thing. I never hit the key, but sometimes I like hitting the key to see something on AIM.

I'd like to get it to work again... :(

Jayce said:
It's a bad thing. I never hit the key, but sometimes I like hitting the key to see something on AIM.

I'd like to get it to work again... :(
Reason why I love my LOGITECH G15 Gaming Keyboard. There is a switch on the upper part of the keyboard just so I can disable the Windows Key.

instead of using the windows key the alt + tab feature works real well for minimizing the game.

For those what want to disable the windows key, use this reg. edit.

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
Name: Scancode Map
Data Type: REG_BINARY
Value: 00000000000000000300000000005BE000005CE000000000

You will probably need to create this value, as it is not present by default. You may wish to cut and paste the value from this page to guard against typos. A reboot may be necessary for it to take effect. Of course, use caution and frequent backups whenever you edit the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom