My Video Card Driving me CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion2005

In Runtime
Ok... some people have already heard this story....

I got watercooling in my computer, and in the process it fried my video card (FX 5700). I have an older one in here right now. GeForce 2 MX 64 MB of RAM. I know this card sucks, but in this computer is sucks really really hard.

The only games I can run is things like Half Life and Starcraft. Half Life runs at about a 20 FPS high with software graphics at 800X600. Yes this is the computer in my sig. The thing that I have found wrong with the card (in dxdiag) is that hardware acceleration is enables... but when I go to test it, it says Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device). I am going to have my 5700 back sometime (first time its taken newegg this long), but in the meantime I would like to have this card working.

uhh watercooling frying a vid card.. never heard of that. What do you mean exactly? did u try to oc the vid card to much? and the water cooling is on ur processor right? just making shur

My friend and I custom designed the watercooling, so we had a leak up by the radiator.... my only guess is that it wasnt clamped tight enough. We let the parts sit out all night, and the next day I checked all of them for water, but either the damage was already done to my vid card, or there was a spot where I missed.
I will be getting that card back next week, I just need to know why the GeForce 2 isnt working right in this system.

Oh, and I know this GeForce 2 is in good condition, becaues it works in my other computer just fine.

the gforce 2 is an extreemly underpowered card to be playing games with, its just OLD and no good its only 64mb

Dude, read my whole posts... have you any idea on how bad it is preforming? IT BARELY RUNS THE FIRST HALF LIFE!!!

hmm, ok do this:
uninstall ALL video drivers
then put in the gf2
then get latest drivers for it, and install them. If u dont have them, uninstall all video drivers, and install ur chipset drivers. then reinstall gfx card n drivers, c if that helps

I have tried that numerious times. I even downloaded a driver cleaner program... I think I might have found a link to it from this forum....

What Direct X are you trying to use with it? 9.0c? You might have better luck with 8.1 or lower :)

Keep in mind that Far Cry etc won't work with anything lower than DX 9.0c :D

I know... I thought about that, but this card SHOULD work with 9.0c. It works with that version of direct x on my bothers computer, which is pretty similar to mine. This exact same card too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom