My Video Card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder4765

Baseband Member
So...I have had my Radeon 9700 Pro for about a year now and I could run CS at pretty much 100 fps constant with a little drops to like 80's in smoke and what not but lately its being gay. And we shots are being fired and shit it drops to like 40 and only reaches 100 at stand still. I don't know what the **** is up with it though. Couldn't dust on it have anything to do with it, because it is pretty dusty lol. But any ideas would be appreciated.

2 questions:
1) - have you installed anything on your computer lately??
2) - does your computer case have proper cooling??

try closing as many programs as possible before playing your games and see if there's a difference.

Well, I did just get a new motherboard and processor. But that was about a month ago...but I can't really remember when I noticed the card slowing down. It might have started then and I have plenty of cooling.

try closing as many programs as possible before playing your games and see if there's a difference

go to windowsupdate.com and check to see if there are any new drivers for your hardware.

Actually, I think I do have one. But is a virus on AIM it changes my away message to a link to download the virus.

you running an antivirus program??
u need to get rid of that virus.
also check for any spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom