My USB Drive is DEAD. what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
I remember using my 500mb SANDISK Cruizer Micro USB Flash drive yesterday without a hitch.. but now it just dead.. the led doesnt even come on anymore as if it's, well, dead.

Is there anything i can do?

and what could have caused this?

plug it in to the usb drive, go into device manager, in there you will see universal serial bus controller, hit the plus sign you will see something that says USB mass storage device, right click on that and select uninstall. you will see it disappear from the list, unplug the USB drive and then plug it back in and you should hear the beeps and it should work again.

if that doesnt work there are virus that change a registry entry to disable it ill tell you what to look for if above doesnt work.

wow such a quick response! lol

anyway i tried it but didnt work.. did i mention also that i've tried this flash drive on other computers as well.. while other flash drives are working mine doesnt..

:(

what else is available in that bag of tricks of yours mate? i'd try them all

im out of tricks once you said that lol sorry. that sounds like a hardware problem, maybe broken since it doesnt work in other systems as well there really isnt much to do but going to your local hardware store and buying a new one.

well will check warranty, and if no warranty left, will open it up.. thanks for your time dude. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom