My Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MB is the Prob, I THINK. Mainly with AOL and the fact the MB has AV that came with it. Between the AV and the Fire Wall, AOL Sec Ed is a pain. I tried downloading the newest drivers for the GPU's and it kept boot up, windows screen, then reboot, ENDLESSLY. Not one to have really messed with overclocking, i just keep everything as is. I am happy with it though. It was costly, but after my cruise i wanted something to keep up with the times LOL. I purchased a 5 in 1 Floppy drive for the fundtionality of the A Drive and the use of my media cards, but everytime i connect it the PS detects a short and wont start up. Figured i can live without it though. Thank you. About the only thing I have not done is checked on a new BIOS as I wanted to ensure that the drivers were the cause of my headache. Windows autoupdates caused some issues also, but since i did not install one, after going through and selecting ones to see which one was causing an issue, i have been running stable.

My temps are a little high, but this is my first Extreme Edition, that may be normal. Simple web surfing and idle seems to be around 45 C. Some of my games cause it to rise to 64 C, Normal??

I want to install Liquid Cooling, or at least something better than the Factory Issued Fan on the CPU. I am trying to get more details on that.

Also, I need to replace the ribbon cables and dress it up a bit before I get any pics. I like the performance, no skipping, fast burning, great online playability, and now the reliability seems to have came up.

Games I play are:
Counter Strike Source, Coutner Strike, UT2004, NeverWinter Nights, C&C Generals, Rise of Nations, War Craft III, Battle Field 1942/ Vietnam.

These are my main games right now.

Alright, a few issues for advice.

1. System says CPU temp is 66, a sensor on the Heat sink says 53.

2. No updates for the BIOS.

3. Considering Liquid Cooling, BUT...

4. Looking for a good all around system tester, I have 3dMark 01, 03, 05, AuqaMark3, Any others recommended??

5. Thank you for oppinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom