My Possible gaming system! Comments plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
if i can get a nice job for this summer, i will start working for this:

-ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card / 128MB DDR / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI
click here to see

-ULTRA Dragon Glossy Silver ATX Mid Tower Case with Clear Side Front USB & FireWire and ULTRA 500Watt Power Supply
click here to see

-Intel - D865PERLX - Socket 478 Motherboard with Audio, AGP8X/4X/1X, 10/100 LAN, Serial ATA, HyperThreading Support and Desktop Control Center
click here to see

-Maxtor 120GB 7200 / 8MB / ATA-133 Hard Drive
[click here to see

-ViewSonic G90FB 19" .21mm 1920 x 1140 Black CRT Monitor
click here to see

-Artec 56x CD-ROM Drive
[urlhttp://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=674683&sku=A451-2023]click here to see[/url]

-Intel® Pentium® 4 3.2GHz / 512k Cache / 800Mhz FSB / Socket 478 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan
click here to see

-Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory ( 2 x 512MB )
click to see

the only thing im not to sure of is if everything is compatable? i check most of it

Ih my God,not an AMD for Gaming.
Consider AMD Athlon XP 3200+.
It is much better.
If U wanna b future proof consider AMD Athlon 64FX.:)

Everything looks quite good. However, I would strongly recommend replacing the P4 with an AMD64 if u are planning on building a gaming system. I currently have a P4, and I am getting rid of it. I am going with the AMD64 3200+.

With one of those, and everything else u specified, u will have a killer system.

I like the set-up except the processor and the RAM.

For gaming: AMD is King.

Also if your building a gaming rig, don't be cheap on the RAM. In my opinion, cheap RAM= crappy performance. How about some XMS series ;):)

I'm not trying to say that you RAM selection is crappy, but i'm saying that better RAM gives better performance.

Geil isn`t nearly as good as the Corsair XMS Series. They don`t even sell Geil ANYWHERE in Eastern Canada. And as far as it being sexy? Maybe if u find men attractive...

the reason i chose the 9800 Pro, is because it can be OC'd amlost equivilant to the 9800XT, which is 256 mbs...and about the ram, it was the last thing i searched for, and i was trying to stay at budget around 1800, which is what i made the mistake of paying for my Dell....and the reason i picked the P4, was mainy because ive never had to deal with a AMD, so its like a while new world for me...i think...and also i would have to search for some new parts nd stuff...but the AMD 64 3200+ is cheaper then the P4, so ill consider it...

but really, is the AMD 64 3200+ THAT good? its bus speed is 1600mghz, and to my understanding...that how fast it runs...but it says its like 2.00 GHz? durrr i think im missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom