My planned system...What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
I'll be building this sometime in the next few months and then taking it to college with me. I'm trying to balance performance/cost, but performance always gets a slight bias :). I already have a dvd-rw drive.

THERMALTAKE Tsunami VA3000SNA Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ($99)

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard ($130)

eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card ($359)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500DAA4BP ($272)

TWINMOS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory Model TMII400/1GB ($99.95)

Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 73GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive ($178)

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan ($52.99)

Kworld VS-LTV7131R(RF W/FM) PCI Interface TV Tuner Card ($30)

That's a grand total of $1,220 before shipping. I left out a PSU because I have an article at home with excellent reviews on PSU's. Also missing is a storage drive, that will be easy enough for me to pick later...when I have more money :). I'm really open to suggestions on a very effective yet quiet CPU heatsink/fan. The one I listed has great reviews, but I'm not sure if it will fit on my selected mobo.

Thanks for any ideas!

great!

btw, what do you mean by article? don't try to lie to us :)D) if you're not going to get one, because using stock psu is risky (and plus, TT's stock psu isn't even atx 2.0)

try ocz modstream/powerstream, fortron blue storm, antec neopower, or thermaltake's atx 2.0 line

sry if i read something wrong though

Ok.

May I suggest a different graphics card?
If you are really going to do alot of gaming and graphics, get a dual monitor Video Cards. Some games have Dual Monitor Capabilites. You may want to add a DvD writer/reader for the new software and games that are coming out will be in DvD format.

Sorrow said:
Ok.

May I suggest a different graphics card?
If you are really going to do alot of gaming and graphics, get a dual monitor Video Cards. Some games have Dual Monitor Capabilites. You may want to add a DvD writer/reader for the new software and games that are coming out will be in DvD format.

I'm pretty sure that the 6800GT can support dual monitors. What games have dual monitor support, I have not heard of any.

@ grego: If you arent going to overclock, just use the stock heatsink and fan.

Yeah, the 6800 GT can support dual monitors, but I haven't heard any dual monitor games. I do recommend you go dual monitors if you can. It does make you much more productive. It will be hard to go back once you've experienced the power of dual monitors.

It will be hard to go back once you've experienced the power of dual monitors.

haha, no doubt. I am at work now, with only one monitor, and it is a pain in the ass.

Nice PC :) I want one of those Venices!

About PSU, do yourself a favor and post the model you want to get b4 u do get it. getting a mediocre power supply will kill ur system. literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom