Is my Pc Good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Ok im no newby tech i the head of my it depatment in school
and ive been gamming fo a while but i would just like to know fom some othe gamers/tech's what should i do to make my games un good i put it in my feinds vidcard and the game didnt run to good what should i upgrade?

A video card seemes like the obvious suggestion.. What video card did you borrow from your friend?

Thats a nice card, at least nicer than what i got - Geforce 440 MX -
All in all, you have a nice comp. Can't think of anything I would do to increase performance, but you might want some more HD space.

Imaxle

Yeah, that should be a fine comp. Look at a 9600XT for a cheap vid card or a 9700 Pro if you can afford it. Other than that maybe a bigger HD, but it won't increase your gaming performance.

No, I wouldn't think it would give you much of a performance increase for the money. Vid card is about all you need, the rest is a great comp.

the fx5600 is a decent card. it should run your games fine. what problems did you have with the game and what is the game?

which drivers did you install for that video card and what operating system is it on?

I hade the new foreware i think it is i mean dont get me wrong it ran good at 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768 but any higher it was choppy and i was running halo and 3d mark 03......

Yep, your video card would be holding you back. The 5600 can't really handle Halo all that well. Get a 9600 XT ($150) or spring the big bucks and get a 9700 Pro ($200). Unless you want to try and unlock the pipelines on a 9800SE ($150) and make it a regular 9800, but that doesn't always work and can give you some unpleasent artifacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom