My Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hey guys,

You might have saw my other topics about me getting my new pc, but I finally got all the parts on saturday, and all seems to be great.

Specs are.

Amd 3200+ Venice.

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR

Leadtek 6800GT

G.Skill 1GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x512MB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit

LG GSA-4163BA 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter

Sunbeam Samurai Gaming ATX Case - Silver

Tagan TG380-U01 380W ATX2.0 Silent PSU

2x 40GB HDs (One from my old pc, and got one from my uncle..)

Plus another 512mb ram from my old pc, not strong stuff, but still enough to make it, in total - 1536mb 1.5GB ram

And another DVD drive from my old pc.

Altogether it came to £700.

What you guys think?

So far, ive been very happy with it.

The graphics on the games are great, been able to play them on full graphics, and still have, for instance, 150fps stable on counterstrike source.

There is one problem though, although very inoften, it sometimes restarts, has happened maby 5 times now, and no, no viruses or anything.

Soon, i want to overclock some things. The g.skill ram is the best for overclocking, and I definately want to overclock my 3200. Will the PSU be able to handle that though?

Anyway, first pc I've actually 'build'.

So far so good.. ?

#1 you should look at a better power supply

#2 only use an even amount of ram to take advantage of dual channel. Make sure it's PC3200 as well

Yep i know about my psu,

but about the ram?

I should take the other 512mb out? its 2x256 btw. I would guess it aint pc3200 considering my last pc, its real cheap stuff.

How many W you think i should have with a new psu? Atm i know its fine with what i got, but with overclocking..?

Your looking at a GOOD BRAND NAME 420 watt at the minimium for that system

For the ram, what exactly do you completly have in their? Do you have 2x 512 and 2x 256?

yep with the ram.

I looked other places, and saw that , like a 6800 ULTRA and pentium 4 hit like 320 watts

id go with an OCZ Modstream 510 watt, or maybe an OCZ PowerStream 520 watt. These are GREAT for OCing and excellent PSUs in general

Ok, so definately NO overclocking with this PSU?

Already payed 1235 dollars for this pc, money is the problem here. I wonder if somehow, I can send this psu back, and I will buy one from newegg, much wider range there...

And btw, Tagan, here in britain is like 1 of the best manufacturers of PSUs.

Dude, take out that old RAM you put in there. If it is old shit and not PC3200 like your new RAM, your new RAM will be forced to be underclocked to match the old shit. Another 512mb won't help anything anyways. Right now I would bet it is really hindering your performance and could even be the cause of the restarts.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, nice rig! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom