My newest project - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 02:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Hahah Nice you even have pics.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Very cool color layout... I haven't quite decided yet what to do about LED's and colors though, but it'll come in time.. I'm just pumped to get away from my P4 2.0 (no HT) and my Radeon 8500.
I've put together PC's similar to this project and built computers for friends that are just stupidly powerful, but this is the first PC I've built for myself in 3 years... and it feels so good.
Thanks, I wanted to have a cathode, and I thought a blue one would be pointless... if only I had some red LEDs to mod into the front top instead of the blue ones...

I ordered it from Cyberpower... had several issues (which were expected because of price and previous reviews). As soon as I got it, I re-built it and re-did the cables and fans. they had the cathode on the bottom, and the way it mixed with the fans looked like crap... this was the most appealing solution.

It feels good to have such a stupidly powerful PC... but looking back it's not worth the money. I would suggest to peple possibly getting a SLi board with a single 6800GT, and upgrade in a year.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by gregm
It feels good to have such a stupidly powerful PC... but looking back it's not worth the money. I would suggest to peple possibly getting a SLi board with a single 6800GT, and upgrade in a year.
It's definitely worth the money... This PC is going to last me for agse, not to mention I don't need INSANE graphics power simply because I don't do all too much intense gaming, and if I need to upgrade, just dual-6600GT's are fine for me.

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to building it!

We need your help!
AdvancedGeeks.com requires knowledgable mods and users to help handle a variety of tasks. PM me for more info.
Closed Thread