my new system in about 1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.
good deal man, i like that monitor!

as far as the ram goes you can always buy 4 sticks of 512 to packs of the dualies. that is if your mobo can suport it. does it have 4 DIMMS that suports dual chanel ram in both?

try to get that link later so i can check it out and the rest of us to.

k great mobo, to run your dual chanel you have to have at least 2 sticks of the same memory. on this board you can have a total of 4 sticks runing in dual. now that means that's 2 pairs runing in dual. what you can do is get a good dual chanel pack of ram(a pack of 2 sticks of the same to match) and then add another pack later. this gives you many options. did that help you? if you didn't get it ask away. :)

yeh that helps, the packs i was gonna get were twins anyway, i was originally gettin 2gb 2x 1gig of same ram,

my only worry is keeping everything nice and cool, i have seen a few things that you can stick on your hard disk to keep em cool, not sure wether to get them or stick with some case fans and a processor fan

Bostonsox46 said:
Do you feel that the FX53 performance is worth $475 more then the Athlon 64 3400+ (socket 754).

WHY SOCKET 754?!?! that interface get pwned by 939!

good setup . . .

personally, i'm waiting for the new K8T890 chipset from VIA to come out . . . but if you need a computer now, that should do . . .

also, for doom, get the 6800Ultra or GT . . .

and for low latency, get 4x512MB instead of 2x1GB

i was eventually gonna have 4gb :) if i ever feel i need that much, but i use autocad sometimes and it needs a decent amount, but i'll mostly use the computer for gaming

well if you are worried about cool go water cooling man...find a case built for water cooling and you'll never have to worry about temps.

i would say buy of pack of 2x512's( really really good ones) and then and another pair later. i think that'll do you good.

or you can do what i am planning to do . . . get a regular case, and then get a koolance exos

you see the only problem with that is special cooling cases are built from TONS of room so you can fit the pump and all the tubes in there with out a squeeze and still have good airflow for the other parts that need to be cooled by air. look into to both and see wich one you like better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom