My New system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great system. I will be getting one very similiar.

let us know what your benchmarks are and take some pictures!

Kool system. But, like Jolancer said, don't get Maxtor HDs. Western Digital and Seagate are what you want. Out of the two, WD is cheaper, but Seagate seems like it performs better, but that's just my opinion. Just forget about a Maxtor.

Regulus said:
Kool system. But, like Jolancer said, don't get Maxtor HDs. Western Digital and Seagate are what you want. Out of the two, WD is cheaper, but Seagate seems like it performs better, but that's just my opinion. Just forget about a Maxtor.

Yhea i skiped on the maxtor drives and got a 74.6 Gb SATA 10000 RPM raptor for my main system drive and 2 250GB WD 7200 RPM SATA drives for storage and backup.

Full Specs of new system!

Athalon xp 3500+ soket 939 (may upgrade to an fx-53 later when prices drop)
ASUS AV8 DELUX
2 x CRUCIAL BALISTIX Ram 512MB
EVGA Nvidia 6800 GT 256MB
Arctic Cooling VGA Cooler, Model "NV silencer 5" (to replace stock heat sink on GPU and allow for over clocking to Ultra speeds)
Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU Cooler For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64 (for CPU)
Arctic Silver Premium Silver Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound (for GPU and CPU)
74.6GB western digital SATA 10,000rpm HD (for windows install and games)
2 x 250 GB western digial SATA 7,200 RPM HD for RAID 1 (for extra files videos music and anything else I can find!!! 576GB total!!!!)
6 Bright red LED FANS
2 Fan controlers. (For all 6 fans the GPU fan and CPU fan! Full control!!)
Viewsonic 19in CRT monitor (for use on other computer I I will use my 18.1 sony LCD)
NEC 16x dule layer DVD-/+RW Drive
Logitech MX 510 Red / Black mouse
Logitech Internet Keyboard PS2
A few other odds and ends rounded red calbes for DVD drive and floppy a 100 pack of blank DVD-R discs, Starwars Battle front.
Oh and the 500 watt xconnect Ultra power supply from
www.zipzoomfly.com

OH and lets not forget the!!

FREE NEWEGG TSHIRT!!!!!

Just got a few parts in yesterday expecting the rest to come in today and finish up the build tonight and get her up an drunnign I may post some pics as well as some bechmarks as soon as I can maybe tommorow.

Wow I did just about the same system, but instead I ordered 2x512 crucial twinx ddrs. And I ordered two of the 74 raptors. Along with a gigabyte board instead of the asus. Only put me in $1600. And thats with getting doom3 along with the video card.

Did you buy EVERYTHING from newegg?

Yup and jsut got it all installed last night!!!

everything works great this system is a beast!

I got 4560 in 3dmark05
and 11305 in 3dmark03

all this and the CPU is still running at 37c Not bad not bad at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom