My new graphics card disables my audio ports??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustnm

Beta member
I recently purchased and installed a Radeon HD 4670 graphics card and ever since I installed it my audio ports do not work.

To be more specific the audio stopped working after I installed the drivers for the card.

I have updated every driver for every device in the device manager and still nothing.

If I use a USB audio port adapter it works but my actual ports do not work.

I just took out the card and put it my old card, a Radeon x1600 series and the sound works fine but of course the card doesnt perform nearly as well as the 4670.

So I'm trying to find out how just changing my graphics card could disable my sound like this?

And yes my new card has an HDMI port, I don't have anything plugged into it though and if I look in my sound devices it says: "Digital output device (HDMI)".

A few system specs in case it matters:

Processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00GHz
RAM: 3.00 GB
Sound: integrated w/ motherboard

Well HDMI video cards are considered an audio device, try selecting your motherboard integrated card as the default in windows.

Well HDMI video cards are considered an audio device, try selecting your motherboard integrated card as the default in windows.

It's not an option, the HDMI sound is the only option available on the list.

Maybe if I got an actual sound card and installed it I would have another device listed to use for the sound? Not really sure about that though...

It's not an option, the HDMI sound is the only option available on the list.

What 'list' are you looking at? Is it:

Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio
tab > Sound playback default device list (in Windows XP)?

Start > Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab (in Windows Vista)?

What 'list' are you looking at? Is it:

Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio
tab > Sound playback default device list (in Windows XP)?

Start > Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab (in Windows Vista)?

I'm looking at:

Start > Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab (in Windows Vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom