My new computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseman

In Runtime
Ok my parents are going to be really nice to me. See right now I have a dell:mad: laptop but what is going to happen is my dad is going to take my laptop and let me choose and build a brand new computer. And as far as I know there is budget because they want it to last a while (futureproof) but of course I can't go crazy. But here is my first rough draft and just want to see your opinions and want you think of it

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $199.00

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail (I have to wait for it to be in stock or get OEM) $555.00

eVGA 256-P2-N538-AX With Battlefield 2 Bundle Video Card - Retail $549.00 :cool: :D

TWO Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM $123.00 each but im getting two so $246.00

OCZ Platinum Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory $234.25

SONY White IDE DVD Burner Model DRU720A - Retail $71.99

SONY Black Internal Floppy Drive Model MPF920 Black - OEM $11.00

Thermaltake Silent Pure Power W0049 RUD 680W Power Supply - Retail
$139.00 (I'm not sure about dual +12v)

Thermaltake SOPRANO VB1000BWS Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail $75.00

Total: $2080.24 without shipping and tax

The only things I'm really not sure about is the ram and PSU so all opnions will be gadly accepted.

ok u can get value ram unless you are overclocking.
Are u really gona use sli?? i would save my parent the 70$ to get a non sli board.
y not just get 1 500gb drive??then u can have 2 in raid when u want another?
a little overkill on the PSU but thats up to u. These are all just suggestions

WHAT a spoiled child. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not even joking.

And your fine in the PSU and RAM department.

LOL trust me I'm not spoiled all the money I have made babysitting and bookbuddying is going to my parents for this which is a little less then $300 and all the money I get for christmas and my birthday is going to my parents too. Ok what would be a good value ram and the only reason I got sli is just because they want to be futureproof so when the one video card gets weak I'll just toss another in. I choose two 250 gb because one 500 gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822147007 is $357 and the same amount of storage with two 250's is only $246 so I save money and if one dies I don't lose everything.

It's an excellent computer, but you could use, say, Crucial memory and get the same thing for less money, if you're not overclocking.
I wish my parents would give me 2 grand to spend on a comp. Instead they give me jack squat *and* I pay for the DSL at my house.:mad:
I've configured pcs a lot like this one online and they all cost about the same price. Personally I'd opt out of SLI just because its current performance benefits just don't warrant the cost. But its your choice and if your parents will pay, why the hell not (dang spoiled kids ;) )

Ok but do you think getting value ram will bottleneck my computer at all? And yea I'm keeping the SLI :p and I the only reason they are paying that much money for me is because they know I use my computers 97% of the time I'm awake and because I help my dad and brothers with their computers all the time.

Nope it should not bottleneck your computer at all, unless your doing hardcore overclocking

corsair value used to be a pain in the ass to set up with the DFI lanparty, you're MUCH better off with a gig of twinmos at only around $77 or so

btw, you're gonna need a 24pin poweer supply to be safer, such as OCZ powerstream 520W, antec neopower 480W, or antec trupower II 520W

well i was just tryin to save u some money. but yea u are spoiled u had a frigin 2500$ laptop man dont lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom