My neighbor's wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
I'm on my neghbor's wireless internet because there's is faster than mine, and i was wondering can they see want i am doing, and if so want do i have to do for them not to see (besides the obvious). Also this isn't illegal right cus i wouldn't do it anymore?

yes it is illegal in one sense since you are using his connection without paying him, so in a way, you are stealing from him.

Re:

Hello,

If your neighbour uses a router, which has an Activity Log, then he can certainly watch what webpages you visit.

However, he'd have to 'hack' into your machine over the network if he wants to gain access to your files and so on- assuming you have file sharing turned off, or sensitive files not shared :p .

...and yeah it is illegal! :amazed: tut tut. I'm sure like all ISP, 'your' one has enforced a one connection, one house acceptance....(but they'll never find out...!).

But make sure that your buddy has WEP or MAC Addressing on, to make the network safer and to block out the connection sharing wannabes :D .

he does have a router, and so do i but mine has a passwprd on it his doesn't. i really dont mean to go on it, but my laptp auto. goes on his sometimes. it like which ever router get to my laptop first, even when i remove his address from my wireless center it still pops back up after a shutdown or restart so it's really not fair for it to be illegal. also where to i go to turn file sharing off, and how do i know if my neighbor is using WEB or MAC?

if he was using web, you would have to enter a number to use his wireless connection. he probably has it on the router, he is just naive or something and didn't turn it on.

Re:

lol...I though he allowed you to share his internet, and that he knew :) ...

...well well well...this is worse than illegal (if there's such a thing)....but once again...no one will know :p .

He's a bit of a dunce not to secure his network!

Mine is secured and MAC adress filtered.

Personally, yeah it's illegal, but windows is autodoing it (blame microsoft) and he wont know.

And yeah, if he was smart, he could even intercept your MSN conversations

but windows is autodoing it (blame microsoft)
lol i like that 1.
-------------------------------------------
if i had a neigbor like that i wouldnt even bother getting a ISP. id just use there's. if thy dont filter out there connections like stated above, there pritty much just askin for it, if there askin for it, is it illegal:confused:

------------------------------------------
/start menu/network/ right click local area connection/disable file and printer sharing.

and to share files over the network u need to right click a file and enable it for that file. so none of your files are shared by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom