My mouse is being retarded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I have a Logitech G5 mouse and I use the Logitech Setpoint drivers (I dunno what version, whatever came with it).

Randomly, while surfing the net, playing games, doing anything really, the mouse will stop for a second and then when it comes back the mouse speed is really slow. I have to close out of the Setpoint application and then restart it to get my programmed mouse speed back.

This happened on my old rig and on this new rig. I tried the latest drivers but those just caused more problems.

I need the drivers installed because I take advantage of the sensitivity adjustments on-the-fly and I programmed the extra buttons.

Any ideas? This is getting annoying.

Get a Razer...? :D

Sux to have mouse problems. have you tried updating the drivers?

My mouse would work without the drivers, but the special features wouldn't.

My mouse would work without the drivers, but the special features wouldn't.

Exactly. I can switch between 400, 800, and 2000 DPI (I think) without drivers. But, I can't program the extra buttons (thumb button, left/right scroll) and I can't program the sensitivity adjustments.

I did try the new drivers, however it messed up every time I played a game. It would increase sensitivity but not decrease...

It always used to work, and now I'm having these problems. Hopefully my mouse isn't dying...

That thing with the sensitivity only increasing is a bug in the drivers. You need to turn off game recognition and the it should work fine (although obviously you won't be able to customize your settings for individual games).

I'm not exactly sure whats making your mouse go slow, I have a G7 and that has never happened to me, but maybe you should try the new drivers again as it may have been an old problem which has now been fixed.

Get a Razer...? :D

Sux to have mouse problems. have you tried updating the drivers?

LOL your such a promoter...your one of the few people who seem to like the feel of razers. I think they are great mice, but my hand is too big for their low to the desk feel. Do you have relatively small hands?

Do you have relatively small hands?
Not by a long shot. I use my fingers and wrist to move my mouse. I normally lay my index and middle finger on the mouse (left and right buttons, respectively) and grip with my thumb and the palm of my hand. I use my index finger for the scroll wheel as well and the left click.

Ah i see.....i guess its just every time i pick up a razer they seem so uncomfortable....well im going to quakecon07 this summer and all they are using for the tournaments are diamonbacks so i guess i better get used to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom