My Monitor won't work!

MissRavenclaw

Beta member
I've been having this problem quite a lot recently.

Basically, after plugging in both my screen and my tower, I switch the power button on the tower on. Normally, my screen just automatically connects but now all I get is a "No Signal" screen and then the monitor goes into standby.

I can hear that the computer is still running because I can hear it whirring. What's going on? Is there a quick fix?

(I've already tried re-cabling both the tower and the monitor)

PS: I'm not linking it to a projector, all I'm trying to do is switch it on (there's no start up screen)

PPS: It's a Windows XP

I've just taken out all the cables and left the computer for about 45 minutes. I then re-cabled everything back in and it switched on. The monitor didn't get the "No signal" but unfortunately I got some red flashing lights down the left hand side of the screen and I had to shut the computer down. When I tried to restart it, I had the same "No Signal" problem again.

Well, the video card on the motherboard could be dying too. Do you have another computer you can test the monitor on?

I'll definitely look into that! Thanks!

Unfortunately I haven't got another PC (only laptops). The strange thing is that sometimes it works and other times, it doesn't!

see if you can borrow a monitor from somebody with different cables, if it works, then try your old cable and see if that causes any problems...if not then you need a new monitor. If another monitor does not work, then you might need to consider a video card

Another note: connect the monitor to your laptop and see if it works with the laptop

Back
Top Bottom