My monitor moves!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Every time I start the computer the monitor moves, (the actual monitor doesnt move, but where the screen is)

This doesn't bother me a huge amount as i only start it once a day, but it is getting to the point where i cant adjust it side ways, as there isnt any more adjustment.

What can be done about this?

Thanks Trif.

I have a NEC 17" CRT monitor btw.

You start up in one graphics mode (640x480 at 60hz) and windows runs at a different graphics mode (hopefully 75hz and a higher resolution depending on screen size). The timing changes significatlly. Many setups will show the boot screen smaller and off to the left (some beyond view). Some monitors correct for this and some do not.

well i have the resolution at 1280 X 960 and I left the refresh rate at 60hz.

Is there a way to get the monitor to auto adjust, download something to do it?

If I bring the adjustment thing down to the bottom, when I restart would windows put the screen in the right place. As im not too bothered about adjusting it, as long as i can adjust it to the right place.

If the "problem" is as I mentioned, there is nothing you can do about it but it's also nothing to worry about. If you need to go into the BIOS and view the boot options, you can adjust temporarily with the OSD. Also, if you change your windows settings and adjust the screen, you'll find the boot screen has moved again - perhaps to a place where you can read all of it.

1280x960 at 60Hz? Do you find yourself getting a headache or a little dizzy or some eye strain? If you look at the screen out of the corner of your eye, you'll notice the flicker - especially if it is beating against flourescent lighting. You might find 70hz or better more comfortable and better on your eyes (even if you need reduce resolution).

I dont get eye strain, I dont have flouresent lighting, the good ol' thomas edison style lightbulb, (the one with the filament.)

What do I do when I cant adjust it any more in the direction?

1280x960 at 60Hz? Do you find yourself getting a headache or a little dizzy or some eye strain?
iv noticed that the brightness/contrast also affects how noticable the flicker is. if u have it realy bright, its more noticable. if u have it realy dimm, u may not see it at all.
---------------------------------------------
Trifid - i dont know what kinda display card your using, but on my old geforce2 i can just go to /controle panel/display/settings/advanced/geforce properties/screen adjustment, and then move it as far as u wont anywere.

I have my monitor quite bright, as it does help a bit in counter strike source when it is dark, so you can see the opposition.

all i can do in there is move the monitor up down left right. I can't stretch it to be in the right position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom