My mobo and a 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall7486

In Runtime
My motherboard is Intel D850EMV2. Yeah i know it sucks, but I got it two years ago. The AGP is only 4x max. If I buy a Geforce 6800GT or ultra will get the full benefit of the card. Because, I am aware the card supports up to 8x, so does that mean my 4x mobo will limit the true power of the card? Just in case your curious, my prcoessor is Northwood 2.8Ghz.

it wont tooooo much, as when 8X came into market, it was believed to get twice the performance of 4X, but it wasnt in actual. so you wont find any noticible difference in 4X and 8X, even u r using 8X card on 4X.

if u have decided to go for it. get me one sa well. ;) (how greedy I am)

Thank you Guru for your feedback, but i was just wondering if the 4x and 8x slot affects the performance of a video card? If 4x was fine, then what's the point of making an 8x slot? Is there like some hidden benefit?

as told earlier, it was believed that it'll show twice the performance of 4X, ut it didnt, though a small difference in performance was there. like in some ABC game, same card does 45 FPS on 4X, it was doing 48FPS or a little higher on 8X. theoritically its supposed to be 90FPS, and it wasnt, even I have seen Video cards showing same frame rate on 4X and on 8X (discusting!).

PCIe is beleived to have twice FR of 8X, still it isnt, as if you see PCIe is 16X, means its suppose to be twice the rate of 8X, still it isnt.

I'm sure that if he gets a 6800GT, that the 4x slot will be a bottleneck. I mean, why on earth would we start moving to PCI-E slot if we haven't even used an 8x APG slot to it's full advantage. I'm sure than it lower cards, you mightnot see a difference, but c'mon, it's a 6800GT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom