My MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
Well then, on my Mobo box it says "800FSB". Now i normally assumed that was OC'ed, right? well i also though since that was the OCed that it had to be about half of that, so 400? well i was somewhat mistaken. I submited my info on my 3Dmark03 results and under system info it states, "200Fbs"... i, myself, do not like that..

so a question comes into play about OCing it? or is there another way to boost it a bit?

well to OC it i should be worryed about what factors? or any tips will be nice.

Thanx

Something you need to worry about when O/Cing your PC would be components frying [ on my first attempt I melted my CPU to the mobo ].

Theres loads of sites on the net dedicated to O/Cing. A quick google search will bring up loads.

This forum has one too aswell I beleive.

...:confused:

800FSB is normal for a P4. In fact, it's required.
You just took your CPU and downgraded it by 50%.

Over-Clocking is a topic far greater than this thread can support. You need to do some research, first. There's a lot of things you need to know about, to know what things do what, and how they will effect your system. You also need to know the limitations of your hardware...and your wallet. OCing can lead to unusual behavior, and especially, hardware death. If you're using mediocre hardware, your OCing abilities are greatly reduced and the risk is greatly increased. Not to mention that most systems won't see any kind of a significant increase in performance for the OCing they can achieve safely.

One last note, since yer new and clearly didn't read carefully:
[/i]From Tech-Forum Rules[/i]
Signature Rules:
Lines: The maximum number of lines is 15 using text size=1. The maxium is 8 lines or less using a bigger font and text size, and with a graphic.

Images: No more then 2 images...totaling 468x120 and they must be kept small.

No more page images that cover the whole bottom of your post or forces the post thread to scroll horizontally because of their size. The smaller the image the better!!
600x220 seems a bit big to fit within the 468x120 restriction.

The FSB of your processor, presumably the one in your sig, is 800Mhz. However, P4's are quad-pumped, so it's actually an FSB of 200 x 4. To get the real speed of the system multiply the 200FSB by the multiplier, which will be 15, and then you get 3Ghz.

Does that explain the FSB discrepancy?

yea. Im just tryin to figure out why some people with my exact set up are getting higher scores in 3Dmark05. My video card part does awsome of course but the CPU testing once again takes it downnn. Im wondering if its my motherboard?

Personally, I think it's your disgustingly-low-wattage PSU.

For having a 6800GT, 2 large HDDs, a power-hungry CPU, 5 fans, and over a gig of RAM...you've only got 350 watts going to the system.

That's really not recommended. Cheap.

I would be comfortable with 400watts...(not happy, but comfortable).

*cough*6600Gt*cough*

yea, im goin out this week and grabbin me a nice 510W. any recommendations on what kind of PSU? names? Will that eat up to much juice though?

EDIT: oh yea, and if it makes u sleep better at night, im gonna make a new sig. :p

Yeah your FSB is 200, but since intel quad pumps it they call it 800mhz

And if that 800mhz number goes down to 400mhz, your running at 1.5ghz

And a more powerful power supply will not give you better peformance. Your 350watt is bare minimum but will most likely do fine for you.

And yeah, your score is a bit low, on a very simmilar AMD system, a 3400+ OC'ed, i get 9200

If you want a new power supply then go for an Antec one, and no, more wattage won't use more electricity if it's powering the same stuff, as it draws the same current.

Lasrix said:
*cough*6600Gt*cough*
yea, im goin out this week and grabbin me a nice 510W. any recommendations on what kind of PSU? names? Will that eat up to much juice though?
As one of the most important components in your box, don't be cheap. But don't spend $200 on it either. Make sure it's got built-in circuit protection, brown-out protection, buffering, all the good shtuff...

PSU's don't run at their full wattage all the time, just when needed. 510W is the maximum output of the PSU, not its running wattage. If the system is idle and only needs 400W, the PSU will only give it 400W. However, if you have a 350W PSU and your components demand 400W, you'll experience brown-outs (which you may or may not notice at first).

Lasrix said:
EDIT: oh yea, and if it makes u sleep better at night, im gonna make a new sig. :p
Hey, better me tellin' ya than a mod coming down the pipe. Not only will they slam ya for having an oversized signature pic, but it's a clear indication you didn't read the rules...which they don't like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom