is this my memopry timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok my pc i built has 512/166mhz memory 1.85ghz amd athlon 2500/166fsb and a asus a7v-400mx mother board and a 80g samsung 5400 rpm hard drive . and the pc its self has great cooling on it. even my video card has a giant cooler on it. which is a ati radeon 9500 pro 277/core 540/memory. yes it does sound like this pc would run most games at descent settings seeing is i score 11058 in 3dmark 01se not overclocked. please keep reading. but for some reason when i run doom 3 at high quality 800/600. yes it does feel like its running smooth theres no mouse lag or anything the game just does not skip when i walk around until i reach one of those automatic open doors then the game hangs for about 2 seconds. and it does the same going through a hall way to enter another room......at first i thought the game was just to much for my system. so i dropped the setting to low quality 640/480.and it made no improvement it all. so pretty much on my system the game runs like that on all settings even ultra quality has no difference between this game on low quality. accept graphics.i recently upgraded my memory from 384 133 mhz to this 512 stick runnin at 166 mhz. my brother told me my memory timing was off. but im not sure can i get some help please!!! thanks alot

sounds like to me a display card driver or directx problem, did u get the newest version installed??

those can be easily download from the net, hope it helps :)

that used to happen to me when i had 512 ram then upgraded to 1gig and the problem went away

hmm i will remove the directx9c and remove the latest catalyst i got and redownload and install both. but if that doesnt work ill try and afford a gig of memory in my system. yes a whole gig! lol well thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom