My keyboard doesn't work right

Status
Not open for further replies.

vecon

Solid State Member
The keyboard that i'm using doesn't work right lately. I've been using it for months already. Now, the big Enter key doesn't work, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work at all. Also, I couldn't type "m" and "o". I tried to press "num lock" and other keys on the right side of the keyboard, sometimes I got those two letters work only once, then they dead again.

I thought it is the problem with the keyboard that i'm using. Thefore, I changed to brand new keyboard. This time, the "m" works, ENTER key works, but the "o", ".", and "(" don't work at all.

Also, a weird thing is that eventhough I didn't type the "p" key, but i kept popping up when I typed "a" and "u" key. This problem happens to both new and old keyboards.

I'm thinking about virus that causes my PC doesn't take the input keys correctly. :confused:

Any suggestion guys?

vecon
try a spyware scan you can use spyboot or add a ware, if you do a search on the internet you can find a free copy to download, i'm not saying that this is what is causing your problem but sometimes you get spyware that change your keyboard letters around as well as the mouse buttons. so give it a try and if that is not the problem, then go ahead and spank it!! then we try something else.

I already tried adware and spyboot to scan my PC, but it couldn't solve the problem. My friend says there is nothing wrong with the keyboard, there is something wrong with the registry. He gave me this link to remap the keyboard, however, it doesn't support window 98. My keyboard still doesn't work right :(

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom