My "Hope to Have" Computer -- PLEASE HELP! - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by macdude425
Maybe then, you'll consider AMD!!

Just a thought...
lol exactly what i was gonna say

Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
True Techie

Geez man, first year and your folks are letting you get a $2000 setup for A and B's. Man i'd have to sell my hands to get anywhere for that set-up!!!

(THen there be no point in buying a computer...shruggs.... Still look cool)

BUY AMD 70% of people can't be wrong! AMD processors are taking the smarter approach to build processors instead of INTEL just shelling their Processors with STEROIDS, all brawn (clockspeed), no brains !

Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie

Yes, but you fail to realize one thing. Intel competes with AMD with just sheer clockspeed. They might not do as good in games, but Intels perform better under multitasking, and power hungry apps.
EVGA GTX 480
CORSAIR 850-HX
Old 08-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to TheHeadFL

Seriously who cares how either company accomplishes its performance goals?

Is higher IPC somehow "superior" to higher clockspeed? No.
Linux: P3 450Mhz, 386MB ram, Slackware 10.1 (Running mySQL/Apache)
Old 08-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
...and then pulls an Intel fanboy stunt...
LOL, what a joke. He says he "prefers" Intel and he gets called a "fanboy". The only "fanboy" comments are "AMD owns" and "if you buy an Intel your a retard". Nothing but f\/ck!ng AMD fanboys.

AMD performs slightly better at gaming.
Intels perform better at multitasking and *most* general apps.

Trust me javascriptman, that system will run any game fantasticly, and all the AMD boys can shout all they want about an extra 5 fps. Just about every budy of mine has an AMD (which I have helped or completely built for them) and I can really notice they are just not at all as smooth as mine why multitasking and doing general computing.

I don't usually get into this crap, but sometimes when it is just too over the top with this sh!t I have to jump in. Personally I like both processors and acknowledge the fact that both have their +/-.

Edit: One more thing while I am on a tangent, why don't all you AMD fanboys "pwn" my scores in the Super PI and 3Dmark threads.

BE HEARD - Techonvent
DS3 | E6400 - 3.2GHz 24/7 | 2GB OCZ PLat. PC6400 | 6800GT | Zippy 460W
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

No need for that kind of language buddy... Anyway... There's no reason at all to go with a Pentium. That's what these guys are trying to say. You'll be paying more for a processor that runs your game less efficiently. I know you can't usually tell the difference between a 5 FPS, but hey, why argue with it when a more than comparable processor costs less? I don't see how there's even a decision to make.

Ryan

P.S. If you're whining about getting A's and B's for TWO GRAND, you're a spoiled little crap. I got that under my own intiative, if you can call it that taking college courses. You have to be not doing a dang thing in class to get worse grades than that.

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com
Old 08-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
No need for that kind of language buddy
I appologize. Sorry to ruffle your vagina feathers.
Quote:
If you're whining about getting A's and B's for TWO GRAND, you're a spoiled little crap.
Personal flames now, why?
Quote:
I got that under my own intiative, if you can call it that taking college courses.
WTF? Intiative? What language is that? Did you learn that word taking college courses?

BE HEARD - Techonvent
DS3 | E6400 - 3.2GHz 24/7 | 2GB OCZ PLat. PC6400 | 6800GT | Zippy 460W
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

this is going nowhere.

if you prefer Intel, then buy Intel.
I prefer AMD, because they do get better gaming performance. Intel gets better multimedia performance.

Quote:
Is higher IPC somehow "superior" to higher clockspeed? No.
this is half true. higher clock speeds is not really "worse" than being more efficient, however just boosting clock speeds and nothing else is not how CPU's get better.

I would recommend do not get the Audigy 2. the motherboard has onboard 7.1 sound.
the only advantage to the Audigy 2 is, well practically nothing. not unless you have superhuman ears.

I would also recommend getting OCZ's RAM instead of Corsair's. you're paying more for a brand name if you go for Corsair. OCZ makes better RAM than Corsair

eVGA 7800 GTX $504
it's $55 less than the BFG
Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

wow... idiotec... great post. High quality.

You're making fun of the words I'm using? Real classy. Sorry to exceed your reccomended daily value of vocabulary. Any kid with a 7th grade reading level completely knows what that means.

Back to topic. I agree. If you want an Intel, buy it. We're just trying to point out that there's more than one route. It's your money, so if you feel comfortable with that, then it's probably better. Intels are by no means bad processors, just different.

Ryan

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com
Old 08-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member (again)

Send a message via AIM to macdude425 Send a message via Yahoo to macdude425

Quote:
Originally posted by idiotec
LOL, what a joke. He says he "prefers" Intel and he gets called a "fanboy". The only "fanboy" comments are "AMD owns" and "if you buy an Intel your a retard". Nothing but f\/ck!ng AMD fanboys.
No, pulling a fanboy stunt is saying you prefer Intel for no reason except that they make pretty boxes. Not liking AMD "just because" doesn't cut it with me.

Debian Support Forums!
Closed Thread