my hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
i have a hard drive that is about 4 years old and i dont know if it is about to wear out and go bye bye, everytime i restart i have a problem where after the windows boot thing comes up and u see the progress bar it restarts automatically and then somtimes it will run scandisk instead of restartin, then it works fine. well i have noticed it not saving some stuff. and my video is messin up, tese weird lines of color are going across the screen when i open programs, i dont understand because i just got it for xmas.

what about my video card its up 2 date and when i start apps it gets this like checker board pattern of yellow blocks and black blocks like check bord style and goes across the whole screen. whys that?

screen shot

Reinstall the drivers and the updates then defragment/run scandisk fully

EDIT: Drivers for video card

alright right now i am on my friends comp becuz mine is being so gay and wont boot up, its still doin that thing where my computer reboots after windows boot logo and then keep repeating, i have to start it in safe mode and then reboot in normal mode to get it to work then if i reboot myself it will screw up again. how do i fix that? i am sick and tored of having to reboot like 473898343048 times to get it to work, even still when i try to reboot in safemode it doesnt work all the time and just freezes as it shows the info showing safemode bootin up, would i be better off re installin windows even tho id ont want too? and how do i update my defrag/scandisk? when u say update do u mean just run it myself with the C: drive utilities or is theri and actual update?

help!!!!!!!!!!!!! mE!!!!!!11

i reinstalled like a million times and then updated them and it still does it. im startin to think its mt agp slot, butmy mobo isnt more than 2years old its like 1 and half years old. this is really screwed up its my agp or the card itsself becuase i tryed my friend old one and it works fine

Edited:
after pootin around with my comp and restrtin and watchin closly i know its some hardware failure or not compatible, i know its not the vid card, i know its hardware becouse i saw the blue stop screen but it doesnt stay on becouse it restarts. please guys u got to help me

alright i found the problem! i never would have thought it was the ram!, why would it be the ram tho? after several atempts to try and figure out why it wont work i went trhu process of elimination and found it to be the ram, but what i dont get is why it worked flawlessly when i first go it all togather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom