My Games Won't Run In 32 Bit Colour - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Shure - u can't run 32bit color in which game??? because most todays games run on 32bit color automatically and u can't run it on 16 bit color.

and if u have very old game u will not see difference between 32bit color and 16bit, because 16bit means 65536 color and 32bit means 16 million color and the old games doesn't contain that much of color.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Hmm, just a thought, but does your game utilize texture compression? (I recall the earlier GeForce cards had this issue with games that didn't use precompressed textures and could be fixed with a simple registry hack, and as you can guess, heavy compression with an inefficient algorithm/method can degrade texture maps to the point of looking like good old 8-bit)

As stated before, use Driver Cleaner to clear out any old entries of the driver and then reinstall, preferrably the Catalyst 5.12s if you haven't used them already. However, I'd like to note that Driver Cleaner CANNOT purge out every single trace left by the previous driver (e.g. stray registry entries), but it is usually the best start.

Martin's Page of Stuff

I judge you when you use poor grammar.
Closed Thread