My friends 9800 is way too fast!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
i just DONT GET IT

my friend has the same comp as me but a 9800 pro and 1024 corsair extreme pro ram and he plays Doom 3 1280 x 1024 4xAA 8xAF ULTRA QUALITY and it is ALWAYS at 60FPS

he can play at 1600x1200 but it will lag in huge battles

how does he do this with the 9800 pro?

he is not to smart about comps and i ordered the comp for him and he does not OC or tweak!

i think they accidently gave him like a Radeon x9999 512mb
this is just so sad that i have a 6800nu and play doom 3 medium no aa af 1024 x 768.........do you think the extra 512 ram is what is making the difff?

My friend does the same thing with his 9800 Pro...i don't know how he does it, but he beats my X800 Pro in gameplay.

Yes the RAM makes a huge difference. Doom 3 and Far Cry are the first games which take advantage of 256 Videocard and 1 G of RAM. + If you have programs running in the background such as your antivirus and such, you're using that much more system resources. Shut everything down and try it again, you should see a difference. I have the same and played the demo never dropping below the 35-50 fps with settings on ultra

the demo actually runs faster than the game for me?!?!?!

far cry demo i could put everyting max out very high...now i play medium with the actually game!!!!that is weird

play2lose said:
the demo actually runs faster than the game for me?!?!?!

far cry demo i could put everyting max out very high...now i play medium with the actually game!!!!that is weird

Far Cry just must not like 12-piped cards....

Yeah man I was able to play the doom3 demo on high settings on my machine, pretty co0

One question play2lose, does your friend have Vertical Sync enabled or disabled? This can make a hell of a difference...

The frequencies are currently equivelant (+/-) to the X800 PRO. However the X800 PRO has 12/6 pipelines (instead of 8/4), and different architecture with more transisitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom