My First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I didnt know if this should be posted here or in the other forum about cooling, case mods, builds, etc. If i'm wrong, redirect me.

My first real build was a complete success! It took about 8 hours from start to finish just to get all the hardware installed and wired. I took plenty of time doing everything slowly, double checking my steps, taking breaks, stopped for munchie breaks here and there, etc. The manuals that came with the computer were very straight forward. I didn't have any problems at all.

I spent another 6 hours or so installing drivers, getting everything configured for use, etc., and let the pc run the whole next day. It seems super-stable. Here's what it looks like:

Gigabyte 7vt600-L mainboard
AMD XP2000+ processor
Stockfan and Heatsink
40gig Samsung 133 HardDrive
Asus cdrw 52x32x52
Sony 1.44 Floppy
2x 256mb DDR RAM 2100
ViewSonic e70b 17" monitor
RAIDMAX Aliencase w/7 total fans & 420watt psu
Xaber 4x/8x AGP 128mb card (Great card for 20 bucks)
Round IDE & FDD Cables (Blue)
Wireless Mouse
Win2000 Pro

It's a kewl computer. The mainboard was really easy to setup and i couldn't have asked for an easier ordeal. When i powered it up for the first time everything worked beautifully. It's super quiet too. Anyone who's gonna build for the first time, check out this board. It's super-easy to setup and comes with tons of utilities, manuals and diagrams if you choose to use them.

Today i start on building the 2nd machine in the house. This one is the amd 3000+ machine. ;)

whereas i have a beast of a PC that whines about as loud as a hairdryer with about a dozen fans and an 8000 rpm cpu fan.

i love my computer so much, i dont keep it on while i sleep.

KingBobCat said:
whereas i have a beast of a PC that whines about as loud as a hairdryer with about a dozen fans and an 8000 rpm cpu fan.

i love my computer so much, i dont keep it on while i sleep.

I had to bolt my case down otherwise it slowly moved aroudn the room, due to vibrations. But I got some free earplugs with my case, and that's not only for having the PC on while trying to sleep....

lol @ rey, you got earplugs with your pc? that's funny stuff man, i think i need more fans till my pc starts to fly though, i only have 9 =/

Thanks everyone. I put together the 2nd machine today. It, too, was a success. I was much quicker too, even though i had more gizmos to hookup. Here's what the 2nd one looks like:

amd 3000+ processor
Gigabyte 7n400pro2
2 x 256 DDR400 RAM (Corsair XMS)
albatron GeForce 64mb AGP
Samsung 120gig HD
Sony 1.44 Floppy
Asus 52x32x52 CDRW
Philips 17" monitor
CoolerMaster Jet7 Cpu fan
Round fdd and ide133 cables
RAIDMAX aliencase w/5 fans and 420watt psu
6channel surround sound speakers (forget the brand - had em a while but they work good).
Running w2k pro

This board was also really easy to set up. I didn't hook up the onboard raid or sata, since i dont have a need for it yet. After i get the cams hooked up i'll take some pics and post them.

:)

Wow 8000 rpm's?! Insane! Do you have a link to that fan? That has to be loud! I bet you get awesome cfm's though.

Hmmm. That cooler master jet7 was at 3000rpm on low setting. I wonder how fast it'd go if i turned it up. I guess i'll have to check that out tomorrow or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom