my ethernet card does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharp

Solid State Member
hello everybody
my ethernet adapter does not work,
last weak i bought a card but when i setup it i found my pc can't start,and the warning beep is always long just like the memery can't work!
anybody meet this things?

Unplug the card and see if it will start. If it does start, shut down again and install it in a different slot. Could be IRQ conflicts.
-Target

If your comp doesn't work anymore even without the nic (as per Target's suggestion), you might actually want to check your memory... maybe you unseated it or (heaven forbid!) unleashed some ESD and fried it while installing the nic.

Read the card's manual... if your IRQ settings are wrong it could be a misplaced jumper.

Try another slot, like Target said. If that doesn't work, try putting another device in there (such as a PCI video card or modem... assuming of course it is PCI) and see if it works. If other devices work, just take the nic back to the shop and get a replacement.

Otherwise, your PCI bus could be fux0rd, in which case a new motherboard would be the only solution.

What is the operating system are you using?
And do you have any sound cards in your computer?
Have you tried this network card in another computer?

sound card
is onboard
and i think itis not the os`s matter because the os hasnot start
and i have changed a new card .
doesnot work

perhaps it's the mainboard`s matter!
i 'll try to change a memery and tell u.
thanx all

so your computer hasn't work since you put the nic in? but it did work before right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom