My DIY Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myskillzownu

Solid State Member
I know this forum location isn't right but I couldn't find a better place.

Me and my brother are doing a DIY CNC Machine which I am using to make this DIY.

I want to make my own computer desk.
It's going to be pretty complex.

I am going to have two computer monitors that I am going to build into their own case.
The top is going to be level with the desk.
I am going to have switches to lower - raise them.

I am going to have a spot indented in the desk for my laptop to set in. There will be two fans in the dip. I will have a power cord and two usb cords in the side which I can slide and plug into the laptop.
From there I will have two plugs in the front of the desk which are connected to the laptops usb.

I am also going to have a keyboard, mouse, and usb touch pad which I can switch between Computer 1, my laptop, and computer 2.

Computer one is my DIY computer I will build when I get more money. The laptop sets in the middle, and computer two is a spot to put friends computers that I am pretty much guaranteed to be working on.

I also am going to have a switch to select which computer the monitor displays. (Not the laptop.)

So I have a couple questions and they are really, really simple.
1) Where can I find switches like this? I want small switches that stick out. I need a 3-way, a 2-way, and the one I'm not sure about, one which is controllable. (The more I hold it, the more the monitor comes out.)
and
2) What type of fan(s) should I buy for the laptop indent. I want them to run off of power which is the part that I'm not understanding. I don't want a regular fan, I want to stick to computer-type fans.

Thanks ;p

For question 1) Just go to an electronics parts store; I know radioshack has a lot of switches/other components that would be useful for you. Just look through their bins and see what you need.

for question two you should go with either 2 120mm or three 80mm or something like that, depending on the size of the laptop.

If you are running the fans off of USB, then be cautious, as you can blow the USB controller, it supplys only 5v at like 400ma, best bet would be to get a 12v adapter and hook the fans straight upto it instead of to the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom