Is my CPU in danger of overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmootill

Solid State Member
Hi all, I have a 3200+ with a good, non-factory heat sink, and an 80mm CPU fan, and my CPU temp is 54C idle, and peaks at like 62C with full load. This seems high to me, but even after upgrading my cooling components, the problem wasn't solved.
Granted, I live in NYC, and my apt. is quite hot at times. Running my AC keeps the temp at like 59C at full load.

1.) I've got a gigabyte mobo, and I've heard that their temps read like 10C higher than actual. This true? (Temps are same in CMOS and in windows - based "EasyTune" software that came onb mobo install disk, FYI)

2.) If not true, is this temp. acceptable for a 3200+ Barton CPU? Should I be concerened?

Thanks all,

Shmoo

(Hiya Mikey!)

54C in idle and u r complaning? u must be shitting man! :)

if u ask AMD customer support directly, they'll give u just one line reply. 70 is considered normal temperature.

Nice, thanks for the replies, was getting worried. So is the consensus that 70 is MAX, or normal? I was thinking 60 was pretty hot. My mobo has a built in alarm when the heat hits 60, so I was going by that. I guess I can turn it off.

You guys rock!

Shmoo

thanks for p4's temps....hahaha......my p4 2.4 oc'd to 2.8 sits w/idle temp of 34c with a cheap add on fan and heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom