My computer wont shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to clarify one thing. Some manufacturers ground the power switch (Dell for one) on one side and it does matter how it hooks to the mobo! Saying all that I dont believe that is your problem. Usually if it is backwards you will get continuous reboots because the positive side is grounded triggering a power on and after 5 seconds a power off.

Will somebody do something about this guy (MichaelStanding)before he causes someone to crash their rig ?

MichaelStanding said:
Nah, simple problem. See whats happening is that all your gigabytes are getting stuck somewhere in your computer, then when you turn it off the gigabytes get free again and run straight to the tracking system. Then it simply turns on again. You have to find out where they are getting stuck. maybe in dos?

My Gigabytes are geting stuck? Run straight to the tracking system? That makes no sense man, none. The other dude was right, you need to be stopped... No matter the cost. (Sorry to quote the Transformers movie, but it kicks ass)

I did like the idea of eliminating the power switch that way, I'm gonna do that. Not gonna check for my gigabytes getting stuck in DOS, as I do not even have DOS.

I did build my own rig, so I dont think that it is grounded like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom