My Comp Will NOT turn on!!! - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoWarrior
The first idea with the jumper isen't working. I'll giv ethe Grounding idea a try
u changed the powersupply...recheck the cables

Old 09-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #62 (permalink)
Super Techie

The Grounding idea doesen't work either. Maybe I should take it in to star surplus and see if they can fix it. Do you guys have anymore ideas or should I just take it into thier repair shop.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #63 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I think the MBD is dead. Probably need to replace it. Whats the weather like on Phobos? Another thought, the power supplies you're using ARE powerful enough, right?? What is the rating?

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-13-2004, 07:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

maybe ur friend has a CPU u can test to see if yer mobo is broke
Old 09-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

that would be a good idea. save some mullah. also, you did what was suggest (by major earlier, I think) in shorting the pins for power on to see if it just isn't a power switch failure, right?

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #66 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
that would be a good idea. save some mullah. also, you did what was suggest (by major earlier, I think) in shorting the pins for power on to see if it just isn't a power switch failure, right?
not sure, what exactly do you mean by that?
Old 09-13-2004, 08:37 PM   #67 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

on the mbd where the power button hooks up (should be a bunch of little pins, for HDD LED, power, etc... find which pins are for power on and short them out with a paper clip or something. then plug her in and see what happens.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-13-2004, 10:18 PM   #68 (permalink)
Super Techie

There in the right place, my brother has the same exact mobo and i'm just going to buy a new one (since I don't have the receat)

I want to really thank all you poeple for your trully deticated help.

Thank you all
Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #69 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Well, I'm a little late (kind of an understatement), but I had about the exact same problem...only I was building my comp; I took some of the METAL scerews and screwed the mobo to the case. When I turned it on, all I got was this little green light on the actual mobo showing that it's on or something...I followed the exact instructions from my mobo manual, but I also looked at "Building a PC for Dummies", where it said that you mounted it with these plastic mounting screws. I felt sooooooooo stupid after I installed the plastic screws...cause it worked after that. It could be a suggestion, but I highly doubt you or anyon else for that matter, is that idiotic. =p If not, then, yea, what killians45 said...dead mobo; buy a new one.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:00 PM   #70 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I agree with you on the screws, thats why I had him remove the MBD to see if it was grounding to the case. I think all options have been exhausted, so sounds like the MBD is fried Others have done that, so you're not the only one 'cause there was a post with the same problem awhile back.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Closed Thread