My cd-rom drivers went missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl

Beta member
I went into my computer yesterday, and my drivers for my samsung cd-rom and my LG cd-rw were both missing. In my Device Manager, it says I am missing "c:\windows\system32\drivers\MXLW2K.sys. I've tried downloading drivers, but my computer won't use them. Please help. Computer isn't much good without cd-roms.:confused:

I tried system restore, but it didn't work. I tried rolling back drivers too, but that didn't work either.

I appreciate your help. I did try to reinstall. It keep coming up with the message that there was something wrong with the installation and the hardware may not work properly... like not at all. I haven't installed any burning software. The only thing I can think of is I may have answered yes to all when I was deleting a program out of my computer, but that was a while ago.... iI'm stumped. Any help is great. Thanks.

I just tried reinstalling by rebooting. I didn't get the message, but the driver still is missing. It is MXLW2K, and I can find it in my system, but I can't get it to attach to my cd-roms... grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom